In this study:
- An overview of 1 Samuel chapters 9, 10, and 11.
- An introduction to the man Saul
- Early prophecies and types that indicate God intended for Israel to have kings–but in His time, not theirs
- Israel’s earlier flirtation with kingship under Gideon and Abimelech
- How “doing what is right in our own eyes” leads to great darkness
- How God redeems all kinds of sin and rebellion to bring glory to Himself
- Why God did not install Moses and Joshua as kings of Israel
- Why God does things for His great Name’s sake
- How the name of God has become virtually irrelevant in much of our culture
- How our culture has embraced personal sovereignty as the highest moral good
- How Christians discussing contemporary moral issues is like responding to being poked in the eye
- How a paper in the Journal of the American Medical Association Internal Medicine could lead to Christians being blamed for the health problems of gays, lesbians, and bisexuals.
Stay in the battle!
To find and subscribe to Steve’s podcasts on ITunes (all subscriptions are free):
To subscribe to Steve’s podcasts on other podcast apps (e.g. Beyond Pod for Android phones) enter the following RSS feed (all subscriptions are free): http://aboundingjoy.com/blog/?feed=podcast
To receive email notifications when new posts and podcasts are uploaded, please send me an email requesting to have your email address added to the list. (Contact Steve)
Also: Check out our YouTube Veritas Series!