In this study:
- Grief is very real in the life of a believer. God doesn’t command us to be Stoics
- The faith of Christians will always be tested–like gold in the fire
- Christians whose faith has been tried in the fire are most useful to God
- How joy in suffering is a theme that runs throughout the New Testament
- How unbelievers may find joy in suffering to be impossible and nonsensical
- The huge importance for the early church to know that the Gospel was rooted in Old Testament prophecy
- How God uses fulfilled prophecy to be a powerful evidence of His authorship of the Bible
Stay in the battle!
To find and subscribe to Steve’s podcasts on ITunes (all subscriptions are free):
To subscribe to Steve’s podcasts on other podcast apps (e.g. Beyond Pod for Android phones) enter the following RSS feed (all subscriptions are free): http://aboundingjoy.com/blog/?feed=podcast
To receive email notifications when new posts and podcasts are uploaded, please send me an email requesting to have your email address added to the list. (Contact Steve)
Also: Check out our YouTube Veritas Series!