Topics (Parts 1 and 2)
- What the “world to come” will be like.
- How Satan got to be Prince of the Power of the Air.
- What our role, as redeemed people, will be.
- What happened at the “fall of man.”
- What Jesus’ death accomplished for us.
- He became our Substitute (v. 9). (The wonderful doctrine of the Substitutionary Atonement. The wonderful privilege of helping crown Him with glory and honor.)
- He became the Founder/Trail Blazer of our salvation (v. 10). (How that can be said to be “fitting.” How Jesus was “made perfect” through suffering.)
- He became our Sanctifier (v. 11). (How He makes us “fit” to be accepted by the Father. How He calls us “brothers.” How He joins us in singing praise to the Father. How he receives us as children. How we belonged to the Father before we belonged to Jesus.
- He became our Deliverer and our Victory over Satan (v. 14). (How we are made of flesh but He became flesh. How Satan has used death, his greatest weapon. How the lost are terrified of death. Why believers must not be. Fear of death vs. fear of the dying process. How Jesus has destroyed Satan’s works.
- He became our Merciful Sympathizer and our Great High Priest (v. 17). (What it means to be High Priest. How and why He has made us priests too.)
To find and subscribe to Steve’s podcasts on ITunes (all subscriptions are free):
To subscribe to Steve’s podcasts on other podcast apps (e.g. Beyond Pod for Android phones) enter the following RSS feed (all subscriptions are free): http://aboundingjoy.com/blog/?feed=podcast
For a list of all podcasts by date: http://aboundingjoy.com/blog/
Also: Check out our YouTube Veritas Series!