The manuscript evidence for the New Testament is truly incredible, especially when compared to other famous writings from roughly the same time period. In addition to the manuscripts of the New Testament documents themselves, we have powerful evidence from the history of the first few centuries of the early church. God has seen fit to preserve this evidence so that we can have confidence that the New Testament we have today is essentially the same as the one that was written in the first century.
This is the audio portion of a Veritas slideshow presentation I shared with the A5B class at Sevier Heights Baptist Church on January 15, 2017.
This is one of a series of eight podcasts in the Veritas Series. I encourage you to listen to all eight.
- Veritas Presentation 1–Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus
- Veritas Presentation 2–Evidence from Archaeology & Fulfilled Prophecy
- Veritas Presentation 3–Evidence for Creation from Molecular Biology
- Veritas Presentation 4–Evidence from Manuscripts and Early Church History
- Veritas Presentation 5–Who is Jesus?
- Veritas Presentation 6–Secular Humanism
- Veritas Presentation 7–Other Essentials 1
- Veritas Presentation 8–Other Essentials 2
Stay in the battle!