In this study:
- Contrast between Saul and David
- Is it ever morally acceptable to lie?
- Biblical examples of godly deception
- Danger of falling into moral relativism
- Review of Chapter 15
- The troubling requirement to kill every man, woman, child, and infant, as well as all sheep, camels, and donkeys
- To obey is better than sacrifice
- Man looks on the outward appearance, but God looks on the heart
- David’s training as a shepherd
- David’s grueling 15-year training under an oppressive authority
- Examples of Psalms that came from David’s heart during these very difficult times
Stay in the battle!
To find and subscribe to Steve’s podcasts on ITunes (all subscriptions are free):
To subscribe to Steve’s podcasts on other podcast apps (e.g. Beyond Pod for Android phones) enter the following RSS feed (all subscriptions are free): http://aboundingjoy.com/blog/?feed=podcast
To receive email notifications when new posts and podcasts are uploaded, please send me an email requesting to have your email address added to the list. (Contact Steve)
Also: Check out our YouTube Veritas Series!